Programming

[Programming][bleft]

Operating Systems

[OS][bleft]

Gaming

[Gaming][twocolumns]

Widgets

Simple Weather - now in the Play Store

Hey All, here I am back with another blog post. As you all know that I had written a tutorial on how to create a Weather app a few months back. Now here I am, bringing an updated version of it. I'll be writing a separate tutorial on how to create this new version of Weather app on your own, pretty soon.

Until then, here's the source code of the app. It has 125 commits as of 10th October 2016 at 5:14PM IST.

Here are the screenshots of the first release of my app:




Some basic features you get with this app are:

  1. View Current Temperature, Minimum and Maximum temperature
  2. Sunrise and Sunset Time
  3. Humidity
  4. Wind Speed and Direction
  5. Pressure
  6. Changing the city
The initial release currently has a limited set of features, but this won't be the end of development for this app. I've planned for future updates. One major change I've planned for is the UI Change. I plan to make the app look like this in future versions:


The design, as you can see in the above screenshot is from another Weather app on the Play Store, This app matches Google Material Design Guidelines as well. So my plan was to first release the app with basic things implemented, and implement other things with future updates.

Anyway, here's the list of features I'm planning to add in future releases of the app:
  1. Auto-detect location and change the Weather Data
  2. Better Design
  3. Weather Maps for a given area
  4. Historic Data
  5. More Details when clicked on a day in the 10 Day View
So that's it, and now my Weather app is available to download and install on all Android Devices running Android 4.4 2.3.7 and above. The app can be downloaded from the link below:

Get it on Google Play
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.

I hope all you users can help spread my work.

Regards,
Aaditya :D

UPDATE: Not even a day since the app release, there is already an update available, v1.1-Release . The app now supports ICS, ie. Android 4.0.3 and up, unlike the release version which supported only Kitkat and above.

No comments: